My name is Laura Dossena and I have been working as a professional translator and reviewer since 2000
My name is Laura Dossena (she/her). In 1999, I graduated in Law from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, in Milan (Italy), specializing in International Law; but just before finishing my degree I started translating, and I was immediately hooked.
I have been working as a professional translator and reviewer since 2000.
I mainly translate into my native language, Italian
and only in my specialization fields, to guarantee the best quality and accuracy
- Translations into English are provided in limited domains and always with the assistance of a mother tongue reviewer
- I also work as a reviewer (since 2019 I’ve been reviewing different kind of content for Google as an External Linguist) and as an inclusive language writer and consultant
- No outsourcing: I don’t provide services in language pairs and specialization fields besides my own
I have been using technology and CAT tools since… forever
I obtained a few certifications along the way, including those related to Trados Studio.
Education and training are essential (not only for technology)
- From March to July 2017 I attended the Corso di perfezionamento in Traduzione Giuridica dei Contratti e dei Documenti Societari inglese-italiano ((Master class in Juridical Translation of Contracts and Company Acts, EN>IT) from Università degli Studi in Milan
- I’ve been attending various (online/offline) courses about digital marketing & social media marketing, law, IT, translation for dubbing… (for a comprehensive list, see my LinkedIn profile)
I simply love teaching
- In January 2017, I launched my first online course, about CAT tools from a business prospective (in Italian): “Gli strumenti CAT, il traduttore e il mercato” (CAT tools, translators & the market)
- Since 2017 I’ve also been offering one-on-one courses for translators on memoQ and Trados Studio
- Since 2020 I’ve been working with STL Formazione: click to see all my courses, past and present!